Bell Family Dental PC has been ranked among the country’s top Dental Offices that go above and beyond COVID-19 patient protective measures. See us on the GotPPM.com website.
We are now proud to announce an additional service for all our patients.
The staff of Bell Family Dental are now certified to provide POC COVID -19 Testing as a Laboratory. Everyone that comes into our already extremely safe office environment should have a Rapid COVID Test prior to their appointment.
As per the recommendations of the CDC, testing for COVID-19 is still the most effective way to slow the spread. This early detection is effective for both asymptomatic and symptomatic patients. We are glad to provide the ease and convenience of this service, so every patient has added peace of mind. We have been practicing in our community for over 30 years and COVID-19 testing will allow us to provide another important service for our patients.
We recommend that you arrive 15 minutes prior to your appointment and one of our staff members will come to your car and perform the test. We will have your results within 15 minutes. All you have to do is bring your medical insurance card. We do the rest. You have the added benefit of having proof of your COVID Test results to take home in case it is needed for traveling or entering major public or social events.
What We Are Doing to Keep You and Our Staff Safe.
We Are Open to Treat Our Patients!
We are excited to welcome you back! Our office has always utilized sanitation, disinfection and sterilization and exceeded all the ADA, CDC, and OSHA guidelines, however, in light of the COVID-19 pandemic we have instituted new guidelines and protocols to ensure everyone’s safety. There are many changes, as we have new ways of scheduling appointments and managing dental insurance and financial transactions. First, you will be contacted 24-48 hours prior to your appointment via phone, text or email and asked a set of health-related questions. It is required that we complete this questionnaire prior to your appointment. We will have to reschedule your appointment if we are unable to complete this step.
Here is a list of some of the new procedures we have taken to protect you in addition to extensive team training on infection control and patient management procedures.
1. Personalized arrival procedures to guide you inside our office and directly to treatment rooms to eliminate contacting surfaces.
2. Maintain distancing in the reception area for essential caregivers and parents of minors if they cannot wait in a vehicle or outside the clinic.
3. Removed magazines and items that can harbor or transfer germs of any kind. Hand sanitizers will be positioned throughout the office.
4. Providing more education materials to enhance your awareness of health issues related to this pandemic.
5. We require a mask to be worn by ALL patients upon entering the office.
6. Installed sneeze guards or droplet barriers at all reception areas.
7. Require hand washing and hand sanitizing before all appointments by our team and by our patients.
8. Introduce an oral pre-rinse by all patients to reduce exposure to germs.
9. Monitoring all staff members and doctors
10. Record temperature of every patient upon entering the office.
11. Record the temperature and questionnaire of every team member each day at beginning and end of work period.
12. Payment arrangements in advance to avoid delay and allow contactless exit from the appointment. There will be a nominal fee for these extensive Patient Protection Measures (PPM)
13. Enhanced operatory disinfection procedures of all surfaces between patients.
14. Ambient air management with HEPA air filtration with Ultra-violet light disinfection continuously in treatment rooms and common areas to remove germs from circulating air.
15. Enhanced disinfection procedures after all appointments with our fogging device to sanitize all dental treatment room surfaces with the extremely safe disinfectant hypochlorous acid (HOCL).
HOCL is a disinfectant used in hospitals, food processing plants, public schools, hotels and many other public places.
16. Enhanced personal protection equipment like visors, gowns, and masks for our doctors and team to provide barriers against the smallest of germs.
17. Introduce protocols to reduce or eliminate airborne aerosols during all dental procedures.
18. Enhanced nightly disinfection procedures of equipment and office fixtures like computers, keyboards, telephones, tablets, chairs, doorknobs, and buttons that may be touched unconsciously.
19. Disinfection of all outside mail and packages that enter the building.
20. Providing teledentistry services for follow up lab reports or communication that can be done online or through video education.
21. Provide disease testing recommendations for exposure detection to viruses for our patients if needed.